Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recap of my Oklahoma trip

For those of you who were not able to keep up with my Liveblogging from Oklahoma City: The FTA Motor Fuel Tax Section Annual Meeting Experience, allow me to list for you the various venues I enjoyed during my four day trip:

  1. Abuelo's - (Sunday dinner) I had fried chicken stuffed with chorizo. Gross but pretty tasty.
  2. Aria Grill and Lounge (aka bar at the Sheraton) - (Monday after dinner drinks, solo). Miller Lites to help me finish writing the 25 lies I started on the plane.
  3. Bricktown Brewery - (Monday lunch) Fried okra! Appropriately crispy. (Turn your volume up for the website.)
  4. Bourbon Street Cafe - (Monday cocktail hour) Bud light and fried shrimp. Authentic! It felt in there just like this website sounds. DJ would have HEARTED it.
  5. Toby Keith's I [HEART] This Bar & Grill - (Monday dinner) Chicken & mashed potatos. Surprisingly good. And don't let the website fool you, the sign on the restaurant is a HEART.
  6. Coyote Ugly - (Monday nightlife) - See Facebook. I can't do it again. But I swear to you that bitch FELL.OFF.THE.BAR.
  7. Aria Grill and Lounge (aka bar at the Sheraton) - (Monday post-nightlife, solo) - Miller Lites to unwind. Yeesh.
  8. Spaghetti Western - (Tuesday lunch) Penne to avoid going to Hooters with the other group. Still at themepark restaurant but less offensive.
  9. Rocky's Special Events Center - (Tuesday cocktail hour, dinner, and party) Western themed, complete with cowboy hats and boots and .... wedding music? (see Facebook for my comments and Austen's previous list of wedding songs to understand the type of music played at this "country/western" affair.) Oh, and in the interest of full disclosure, I should tell you that I was forced by a DJ named Shane and a Fuel Tax Administrator named Cindy to participate in a line dance, called something "Cha-Cha." True story. (Humbly I add: I was complimented by at least 2 different lady tax accountants on my moves.)
  10. Skky Bar 4th Floor Ultra Lounge - (Tuesday nightlife) It was pretty much what you would imagine a place called SB4FUL to be. Except. There were these two kids there who were breakdancing, and they were awesome. I hated the Skky Bar but I would have stayed for hours to watch them. (Make sure your volume is up for the website.)
  11. Coyote Ugly, part 2 - (Tuesday nightlife, part 2) More Miller Lite for me. Perhaps a shot or two forced upon me throughout the night. But a much tamer evening than the night before. Except for the people making out. *shivers*
  12. IHOP - (Tuesday after-nightlife dinner) Sirloin Tips and Eggs. Delicious. I am so excited to like mushrooms these days.
  13. McDonald's - (Wednesday lunch) I couldn't find a Chick-Fil-A.
I think that's it. I have stories. Just ask. And pictures. And videos. And voice recordings.

Enjoy all this and more in Bricktown!!! http://www.bricktownokc.com/
(be sure to turn your volume way up!)

No comments: