Friday, January 30, 2009

Today's Contents of My Office Mailbox (which I have checked a mere 3 times in 1.5 yrs of employment)

in increasing order of funniness (to me)


5.) A birthday card dated Dec. 1, 2008.

4.) An invitation to the LSU Law 2008 Distinguished Alumnus Banquet to be held on October 30, 2008

3.) A map of downtown Baton Rouge (where I have lived practically all my life and am quite familiar) sent interoffice from someone with girly handwriting. Date unknown

2.) A packet of seeds. Date unknown

1.) A yellowed USA Today newspaper clipping on Lost entitled "Readers imagine living islands and talkings dogs" dated April 24, 2008. It appears to have been saved for 4 months and sent interoffice by P.Jenkins some time in July.

2 comments:

BEM1212 said...

Not "saved" for four months. *Sat on my desk under some papers* for fourth months. Then I found it and sent to you interoffice mail. Hilarious.

When did I read that article first. If USA Today, obviously in a hotel or on a plane. Let me check my calendar from 2008. Ah. I was in Austin for recruiting, at a baseball game.

Also, I need to point out that APril 24, 2008 to July 2008 is really just two months of *saving* or *sitting on my desk*, depending on how you look at it.

dennisj said...

I agree with you re: the 2 months thing. Numbers and counting were never my strong suits. Ho hum, back to work.