Monday, February 21, 2011

Why the Sleep Cycle App Is Awesome*

  1. It only costs 99 cents.
  2. It monitors your sleep cycles (based on how much you're moving around) using the iPhone's accelerometer.
  3. It taught me that the iPhone has an accelerometer, and also what that is.
  4. It charts that s**t!
  5. It wakes you up with your choice of pleasant sounds around the time you need to be up (default is a 30-minute window)--but it waits until you are in a light sleep, thereby avoiding the disoriented, groggy, can't-recover-all-day-long feeling that you get when jarred awake from deep sleep.
  6. Did I mention the charts? Charts!
  7. I actually feel really good today.
*All based on one night/morning of use


5 comments:

Boxcar said...

Is this a joke because I don't get it. This cannot be real.

Julie said...

It is real. What do you mean?

Boxcar said...

Um, the part about your phone telling you how you slept? Did I fall asleep for a decade?

Julie said...

Oh, ok (my robot typed that last post anyway).

I can't say for SURE that the phone actually knows, but even after 3 nights, I am still a believer. If you're really asking, apparently in REM sleep, your eyes move, but your body is paralyzed. And not once have I thought, "What day is it? Wait, who am I?" when waking up this week. That's all I've got...

Devs said...

zomg. you had me at charts!