Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pearls of Wisdom From My Mother

I am looking forward to possibly adding to this list after all the togetherness of the family reunion next week.

My Mother On Farmville:
"I will never in my wildest dreams understand how somebody gets a kick out of clobbering somebody's groundhog or watering somebody's strawberries."

My Mother On a Self-Created Obligation:
"So no matter how negative and bitter she is, I try to call her once a week and listen to her complain. [pause, trying not to smile] I feel it's the Christian thing to do."

My Mother On Men:
"Never trust anyone with his hair slicked back without a part. Think about it--I'm right."

3 comments:

Boxcar said...

I believe Blaine came up with this idea years ago...
booksforsale.com

I could read these forever.

Boxcar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I wish I had more to share from Arkansas, but here's one more from my mom:

While reading a book to her 5-month old grandson, who was obviously only interested in eating it:
"Well, this doesn't make any sense at all. No wonder I never bought y'all Winnie the Pooh books."