Wednesday, October 12, 2011

TV - Fall 2011

I gave a lot of shows a chance this season (more than usual), so here's a list of where they fell out:

Winner:
Parks and Recreation

New dramas I will continue to watch:
Revenge
Prime Suspect
Homeland
American Horror Story

New shows that I think I like a lot, although I would hate them with different female leads:
The New Girl
Raising Hope
Up All Night
Free Agents 

New shows I watched one (or more) full episodes of, but the additional episodes have confirmed they are pretty terrible, and I have stopped watching:
Terra Nova
Pan Am
Ringer
Person of Interest

New shows I watched less than 30 minutes of, and even that was too much:
The Playboy Club
2 Broke Girls
Hart of Dixie
Suburgatory
A Gifted Man

Returning shows I must realize sooner or later I just do not like and I am going to stop watching:
Community
Boardwalk Empire
The Office 

Shows I wish had a new season this fall:
Game of Thrones
Mad Men 

5 comments:

Boxcar said...

I disagree with 3 items:
1) The New Girl is awful for every reason EXCEPT Zooey. She's the only good thing about that awful show.
2) Community is one of those shows that you can always enjoy but you never look forward to.
3) Revenge is awful and the only reason you will continue watching is for Madeline Stowe and you know it.

p.s. Prime Suspect, Homeland, A.H.S. are the greatest things to happen to my TV in...months. Oh, and you have yet to discover the greatest of the great: LUTHER. BBC America (season 2) - netflix (season 1). Enjoy.

p.p.s. I love this post.

BEM1212 said...

Point 1: We don't disagree. "The New Girl is awful for every reason EXCEPT Zooey. She's the only good thing about that awful show." I totally agree with that. What I was trying to say was that if it weren't for her, Martha Plimpton, Kathryn Hahn, Christina Applegate,and Maya Rudolph, I would hate all of those shows. (And Schmidt. He's growing on me. He'd be the guy I'd invite to the bar and you'd be mad at me.)

BEM1212 said...

Point 2: That was once the case, but no longer. I sort of actively hate it. I could go on and on. (But I will admit it's the only one of those three that I have not removed from my dvr schedule).

BEM1212 said...

Point 3: You're only half right. Although Madeline Stowe is a big draw, I don't think it belongs in that category of shows I would hate with other women in them. It's crappy but compelling enough that I am honestly enjoying it. Let's say this much: I have not yet fast forwarded through any parts of an episode. Yet.

Julie said...

Yea!
Shows I have been dvr-ing but can't make myself want to watch AT ALL:
Revenge
Prime Suspect
Homeland

Shows that were in that category but I got over it:
Up All Night (think I like this)

Shows I recorded for a while but then canceled before watching:
Free Agents
Ringer
Person of Interest

Shows you hate that I might like ok:
Pan Am
2 Broke Girls
Hart of Dixie
Suburgatory

Shows you (probably) hate (and for good reason) that I love:
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Shows I wish had a new season this fall:
Mad Men (meh meh? man mon?)
Awkward.
Louie
Sarah's Summer House
So You Think You Can Dance
Cougar Town
Any decorating show with Candice Olsen

And I think I agree on Community. But I will probably keep watching it, at least for Troy.

OH. And the one Bravo competitive reality show that I cannot give another chance even though 1) Bravo competitive reality is awesome, and 2) SJP is a producer: Work of Art.