Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shows I want to see coming up in Houston

(although I probably won't see half of them)
  • Oct. 16 - Michelle Shocked at Warehouse Live
  • Oct. 23 - Built to Spill at Warehouse Live
  • Oct. 26 - Port O'Brien at Rudyard's
  • Oct. 27 - Blind Pilot and The Low Anthem at House of Blues
  • Oct. 28 - Ezra Furman and the Harpoons at Rudyard's
  • Oct. 30 - Mute Math at Warehouse Live
  • Nov. 4 - Mimicking Birds at The Mink
  • Nov. 12 - Elvis Perkins in Dearland at Walter's
  • Nov. 13 - Swell Season at Warehouse Live
  • Nov. 22 - Neko Case and Deer Tick at Warehouse Live
  • Nov. 30 - Metric at Warehouse Live
  • Dec. 4 - Fanfarlo at Walter's
Anyone want to go to any shows?

6 comments:

Punky said...

Count me in for Low Anthem! Shockingly they aren't coming to Chicago.

KNH said...

how on earth are you going to hear bands called low anthum and mute math with houston crownds?

yes to blind pilot, neko case & deer tick; and fanfarlo

BEM1212 said...

I agree with Karen on that Houston crowd thing, only without spelling errors. And except Mute Math is good and loud.

I already bought a ticket to Neko & Deer Tick.

I am scared to see Low Anthem at HOB because it is the worst venue ever, except for maybe La Zona Rosa. BUT Aimee, if you really are coming I am game.

Although I think you should wait and come see Fanfarlo the weekend before my birthday!!

And finally, I would love to go see Michelle Shocked tomorrow but I don't know. I have jello shots to make for T-Nuts, and also I've seen her twice and she makes me cry sometimes, and I don't think she's as good as she used to be -- but I could be very wrong about that.

Swell Season!?!

Punky said...

Sorry. I'm not actually visiting. I will during one of the cold months.

BEM1212 said...

I thought maybe you were already cold. A little disappointing, but I'm glad because I really do not like the House of Blues.

Punky said...

Cold is relative.