Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ah...Summer...

Yep.  It's that awesome time of year when a bunch of crappy and not-so-crappy movies come to a theater near you!  Here now is my list of summer movies I'm most looking forward to in order of release...
  • Iron Man 3 - IM2 sucked.  But this time around we have Shane Black writing and directing (he wrote and directed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for those of you who don't know) and I think it's exactly what the franchise needs.  Everything looks amazing in the trailers so my expectations are pretty high and I might also be high when I watch it.  Just saying.
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - I just re-watched Star Trek last night in preparation for this one.  Two words: Sherlock Holmes.
  • Fast and Furious 6 - I didn't see parts 4 or 5 but I might go back and watch them just so I have something to do.
  • Hangover III - I am not at all looking forward to this stupid piece of shit but since I saw the first two I guess I'll round it out.
  • After Earth - I might see this one just to find out what the stupid twist is at the end (my guess? they land on earth before humans thinking it's after humans)
  • Now You See Me - If you haven't seen the trailer for this one watch it now.  I'm super excited about it.  I like turtles.  I mean, magic.
  • The Internship - Now that I'm officially a comedy writer (see Bar Olympics) I feel I may be a little more judgmental than I used to be but this looks very unfunny.
  • Man of Steel - Um, YES.
  • World War Z - I don't know much about this one other than it has Brad Pitt and zombies and while I'm totally zombied out after watching The Walking Dead I bet this will be a nice summer surprise.
  • The Heat - This looks pretty funny.
  • White House Down - Didn't this just come out under a different name?
  • Pacific Rim - Monsters.
  • The Wolverine - I feel like this has been made already too.  Under the same name.  But I'll see it again.
  • Two Guns - Denzel and Marky Mark?  I'm in.
  • Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Thanks to P. Jenks I am looking forward to this more than any other movie this summer.

1 comment:

BEM1212 said...

Percy Jackson was successful enough for a sequel?! That is shocking, and awesome. It is the.worst. I am excited about it though, and thrilled that you are too?

Compare your list to this one - http://mynewplaidpants.blogspot.com/2013/05/5-off-my-head-summers-awful-offerings.html