Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Movies I Watched at Home in 2014, List #3 (March) and #4 (April) and MVPs

Prepare to be underwhelmed. All those movies I recorded in February are still in(?) my DVR. I watched one this weekend so at least I am finally making progress.March and April were all full of TV, work, and drinking. Here are my tiny little lists:

March
  • Dallas Buyers Club (2013) C / <shrugs shoulders> 
  • Captain Phillips (2013)  B+ / On the edge of my seat at the beginning, in tears at the end.
  • Morning Glory (1933) C / Katharine Hepburn playing drunk playing Hamlet is aces. 
  • Of Human Bondage (1934) C / As cruel as the novel (kudos, Bette Davis), but not nearly developed enough.
April
  • Zilch!  I mean I watch movies every night but I didn't watch them with focus/intent as this list requires.  No wonder I'm in such a bad mood in May.  I will fix this. I'm going to watch a movie tonight.
MVPs
Once again, not much from the movies, but here's what I got, off the top of my head.

Ladies -
  • Amanda Abbington - Sherlock*
  • Hettienne Park - Hannibal*
  • Laura Simpson - Oscar attendee**
  • Mary Steenburgen - Justified
  • Laura - Naked and Afraid
Gents -
  • Charles Dance - Game of Thrones 
  • Kevin Dunn - Veep
  • Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. - Morning Glory
  • Captain Hook - Once Upon a Time 
  • Jacob Pitts - Justified*

*   Marathon viewing in March and/or April
** https://myspace.com/discover/editorial/2014/3/4/feature-i-went-to-the-oscars-with-my-best-friend-and-then-i-went-viral

1 comment:

Boxcar said...

I love these and look forward to many more. I am surprised at how critical you are. I know that since becoming "old" I am way more critical than I used to be.