Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May 2014 MVPs

With no particular criteria in mind, I present to you May's list of monthly MVPs. 

Gents of the month
Robert Donat (Goodbye, Mr. Chips - 1939)
Jozef Kroner (The Shop on Main Street)
Fredric March (Executive Suite)
Christopher Walken (Pennies from Heaven)
Oskar Werner (The Spy Who Came in from the Cold)

Ladies of the month
Sara Allgood (How Green Was My Valley)
Judy Holliday (It Should Happen to You)*
Ida Kaminska (The Shop on Main Street)
Sian Phillips (Goodbye, Mr. Chips - 1969)
Vanessa Redgrave (Morgan!)

* I could watch the scene where she reads the cue cards every day for the rest of my life and not get tired of it.


1 comment:

Julie said...

It's really hard for me to understand how you could watch a movie with William Holden in it and have him not make this list, but that's my bias (and I haven't seen anything but that one movie, anyway, probably).