Friday, April 2, 2010

Step-dad

I just got back from a brisk 3-mile walk and then spent an hour tearing up cardboard. It's a nice sunny day and I'm drenched in sweat (and happy about it).
I come in the kitchen to wash my hands when Steve comes down from his upstairs office. It's Friday and he decided to take the day off (which always brings me joy).
First? His outfit.
  • Dockers house slippers
  • black socks
  • pajama bottoms
  • button-up long-sleeve polo shirt (tucked in)
  • winter hat
So, we start talking about my upcoming move to California and while we're talking (couldn't tell you what we actually said because my mind wanders whenever he speaks) he starting making the following lunch...

  • Toasted rye bread
  • butter (not a little)
  • american cheese (two slices)
  • ketchup
He then proceeded to put the bread together (which formed some kind of vomit sandwich) and eat it.

I need a shower.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm going to miss these