Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flight Tips

I do not fly often, so since I'm traveling tomorrow I thought I'd glance over the TSA's list of prohibited items (I was concerned about my razor refills) and came upon some very useful information.
I left out the OBVIOUS prohibited items but thought you'd like to know that the following items are NOT allowed as carry-on:

Sharp Objects...
  • Ice Axes
  • Ice Picks
  • Meat Cleavers
  • Sabers
  • Swords
Sporting Goods...

  • Bows and Arrows
  • Spear Guns
Guns and Firearms...

  • *Gun Lighters
*Permitted in checked baggage only if it does not contain lighter fluid

Tools...

  • Hatchets
  • Cattle Prods
  • Crowbars
  • Saws
Martial Arts and Self Defense Items...

  • Billy Clubs
  • Black Jacks
  • Kubatons
  • Throwing Stars
(and my personal favorite) Explosive and Flammable Materials, Disabling Chemicals, & other DANGEROUS Items...

  • Blasting Caps
  • Dynamite
  • Hand Grenades
  • Plastic Explosives
  • Realistic Replicas of Explosives
  • Gas Torches
p.s. I did not make up ANY of these.

5 comments:

BEM1212 said...

I really like the length requirements on the tools on the website. This is ridiculous and hilarious.

BEM1212 said...

also, Realistic Replicas of Explosives

Julie said...

Please don't ruin this trip by insisting on packing your throwing stars.
That reminds me--the other day I told Alana, who had no idea I'd taken a beginning cooking class, that I had signed up for a knife skills class.
Alana: [pause] "KNIFE skills?"

Boxcar said...

We will be testing your knife skills when I arrive safely with my saber and throwing stars.

Julie said...

Actual conversation among some of my family members--
Aunt Betty: Paul, did you have to bring a machete to Pete's funeral?
Paul: Mama, we're in a bad part of town...