Monday, March 1, 2010

Things I Have Enjoyed This Year So Far

  • Captain Obvious (step-dad) saying the following: "This ranch dressing taste different from thousand island" AND "when it's sudden death in a Hockey game, it's a coin toss".
  • The pimple-faced, 19-year-old, wearing an Office Depot shirt, getting my attention in line at Starbucks and asking me the following: "Excuse me, sir, can I ask you a question? I'm trying to start up my own business as a life coach and...I just...I'm not sure where to start. I've gotten really good at reading faces and body language but now, I just don't know...do you have any advice?" -- my reply after realizing he was serious..."Um, maybe look it up online and see what other life coaches are doing?" -- what I WANTED to say "Um, maybe find another line of work since you're asking someone who is 36, unemployed and living with his parents if he has any advice on how to be a LIFE COACH."

No comments: