Thursday, December 1, 2011

Last Night (Or: Why I Am Single)

  • Against my better judgement, and only because I'd RSVPd, went to a tech-y, business-y launch event after work
  • Picked up nametag and immediately went to bar
  • Champagne, darling
  • Was so relieved to see someone I knew that, even though I never liked her all that much, I hugged her
  • Talked to her until she said it was time to "go make money"
  • Wandered aimlessly around room twice
  • Made eye contact with a pretty good looking guy, who was also alone and looked a bit lost
  • As he started to approach, I attempted a smile
  • Promptly swallowed gum instead
  • Made awful face and walked right past him
  • Out the door
  • All in 15 minutes
  • My biggest regret? Not trying the chicken

2 comments:

Boxcar said...

damn you, Julie. made me laugh so hard my back started hurting again.

Anonymous said...

Promptly swallowed gum instead.

Classic. Love it.