Thursday, December 1, 2011

Movies I Have Watched While Being Laid Up

So, my back went out. I played ping pong for, like, three hours straight, and after the last game I made some kind of gesture with my hands that made my entire back give out on me (probably some kind of celebratory gesture). I fell to the floor of my game room where I remained for over two hours. Finally my friends CARRIED me to my sofa where I have been since Monday night. In that time I have watched the following movies:
  • Bend it Like Beckham - Cute movie and while Keira Knightly in her soccer uniform is worth the price of admission (in this case, free), I'm a little confused by the ending. *spoiler* why is it suddenly okay for the Indian girl to make out with the Irish coach at the airport?
  • 30 Minutes or Less - Hilarious.
  • For Love of the Game - One of the worst baseball movies ever made (not counting comedies).
  • Pirates 4 - Really? I paid for this and didn't even finish it.
  • Sleeping Beauty - This is an "updated" "artsy" version where some young girl gets drugged and nailed by old perverted men. Sucked.
  • Super - Dwight (from the Office) plays a loser who decides to become a super hero, yada, yada, yada. Pretty funny but after Kick Ass, kinda lame.
  • The Dilemma - I can't believe this is a Ron Howard movie. Although, to be fair, Ron Howard isn't always consistent. The whole movie is based on Vince Vaughn being awkward and, oh yeah, him and the zookeeper having the hottest wives ever. Bullshit.
  • Gulliver's Travels - Jack Black. Remake. Got 30 minutes into it.
  • Unknown - This thing started off pretty awesome. Actually reminded me of a Hitchcock film. And then after the first act, once you figure out the twist, it goes downhill. Too bad. what's-her-name from Mad Men really needs to start getting naked to make it worthwhile to watch her horrible acting.
  • Strike Back - okay, this isn't a movie but I watched 10 episodes in a row so it should count as one. Basically like an R rated 24. So, loved it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

OH. I just now saw this, so now I know what you thought I had already seen (I was just talking about your comment on my list. But it's nice to know that you have more savvy than my boss, who was speaking of a media strategy in a meeting today and calling Statesman website article comments "blogs").

ALSO: You have a game room inside your apartment, Richie Rich?

ALSO: Nice list.

ALSO: Feel better.