Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5 Favorite Films of Interesting Me

Inspired by Buzzfeed and dubbed interesting by P. Jenkins, here's a list of my 5 Favirote Films. Or, here's my favorite movie, plus 4 (in no particular order) that are always in my top 10, but today I felt like were in my top 5. 

1. Network (1976)
It’s forward-thinking and even more relevant 30+ years later, duh. BUT, even if it were totally dated, the writing is so smart and the actors are sooo good (maybe the best ensemble performance ever) that its longevity doesn’t matter. Best movie ever.



2.-5. Vertigo (1958)
Besides the intense and unexpected plot, the imagery (e.g., back alley/flower shop scene) is incredible. Also, the music is perfect.


2.-5. Chinatown (1974)
I love it for the same exact reasons I love Vertigo above. Makes me want a time machine to go back to 1930’s Los Angeles.




2.-5. Quiz Show (1994)
Combines all of my favorite things - television, history, trivia, politics – into a great story with some great dialogue and delivery (“Your name is mine!”).



2.-5. The Truman Show (1998)
A great idea for a movie (pre-reality TV, too) that could have been just tarrible, but instead it’s believable, hilarious and actually moving. Also, you wouldnt believe how many times a week I seriously ask myself, "Is this all being filmed?"



*Bonus – LOTR Trilogy
Any list of my favorite movies has to include them because not only did I watch them, but I eventually obsessed over a fantasy adventure. No fantasy movie before that or any since has been able to do that.

2 comments:

BEM1212 said...

Bravo!

Boxcar said...

I realize this is, like, two years too late, but I love this list. I don't understand why I didn't comment when you posted it. I love every movie on this list so much and especially Truman show because so few people appreciate it. I could watch Quiz Show on a continuous loop and Chinatown is my favorite screenplay ever (next to Casablanca). Anyway, good list.