Monday, March 3, 2014

Live From the Red Carpet...Kathy and Steve

I wasn't planning on watching but then someone gave me the idea to write down what they said during the telecast.  I also wanted to see how long it would take before Steve mentioned American Idol.  These were written down, word for word.
  • "I'm not used to seeing Ellen in black."
  • "She is too much."
  • "He was the bad guy?" (Kathy after recognizing Barkhad Abdi from Captain Phillips.  A movie she has seen.  Twice.)
  • "Who's he?" (Steve asking whenever an actor appeared on screen that wasn't Leonardo DiCaprio)
  • "He is too much."
  • "Are these all clips from Toy Story?" (Steve asking when they played the compilation of animated films)
  • "Channing Tatum.  Who's that?"
  • "There's a big market for this." (Steve talking about animated films)
  • "She is too much."
  • "They all have teams.  Does it take that many people?" (Steve asking about visual effects nominees)
  • "That would have been a cute number to do on American Idol." (Steve after the second nominated song - he then spoke for then minutes about how they sometimes do duets and how sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad)
  • "These are shorts?  How do you get anything done in forty minutes?"
  • "Wow, there are so many movies."
  • "What has Bradley Cooper been in?"
  • "Jolie is probably her mom's last name.  Who's her mom?" (I then suggested that, perhaps, Jolie is a "stage name" and Steve insisted that usually stage names are the actor's middle name.)
  • "He sounds Irish." (Steve when listening to Ewan McGregor speak.  But then he goes on to name THREE MOVIES that Viola Davis has been in!)
  • "She has done some unusual movies." (Steve on Sandra Bullock.  You know...the risk taker)
  • "This is a popular band?  His voice is awful."(Kathy upon seeing U2 perform)
  • "I like the new logo." (Steve referring to the logo for the Oscars)
  • "That's why they're sitting next to each other." (Steve after seeing a clip from August: Osage County and realizing that Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep were sitting close to each other)
  • "Where have we seen her?" (Steve inquiring about Amy Adams)
  • "Should have had Martina McBride sing it." (Steve after Pink finished Somewhere Over the Rainbow)
  • "I told you, hon, that I was on a plane with Judy Garland, right?" (Steve.  He then went on to say it had to have been in the 70's some time.  Judy Garland died in 1969)
  • "Who's that?" (Steve after watching clip from HER). "Joaquin Phoenix." (Me answering) "That's not Joaquin Phoenix." (Steve responding)
  • "He's a great actor.  I mean, I remember the first time I saw him was that ocean liner movie." (Steve on Leonardo DiCaprio)
  • "Oooh, Adele!" (Steve standing up and then being immediately disappointed that it was Idina Menzel)

6 comments:

BEM1212 said...

Well that was as wonderful an outcome as I was hoping for. Nice work. They are too much.

Julie said...

Oh. my. lord.
I love these so so much.
"that ocean liner movie"

dennisj said...

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I def agree that Martina would have brought the house down!

BEM1212 said...

DJ, when can you go to Connecticut with me and Julie? I think you would really enjoy sitting on the porch with Steve, talking about animals and things.

Y'all would have so much to talk about.

And hopefully you wouldn't leave me for hours like Julie did.

Julie said...

It was MAYBE ten minutes. And...and the mosquitoes were biting me.

BEM1212 said...

Obviously a lie! There was no mosquito.

You would have done much better to blame it on the bees. If you had stayed outside long enough you would've remembered that Steve discussed at length his curiosity about the giant bee nest in his tree across the way. And then (I think - I was drinking)he walked over to the bee's nest and trying to be friendly knocked the whole thing down. Or something like that. It's very fuzzy. But you should have blamed the bees.

It was at least 30 minutes.