Sunday, February 1, 2009

The most disturbing thing I've ever found on craigslist

1) This is the first listing I came across. Seems innocent enough...

My boyfriend and I have a large apartment that he has converted the back dining room into a nice sized room with a big back window. It is across the apartment from our room. The room is furnished. The only drawback is that the bathroom is located in our room which is the master bedroom, but we have had one roommate before and the situation worked out fine. The only reason she left was to get married.
My boyfriend is in his 40's and I am in my 50's. We are non-drinkers and non-smokers. We are very kind and laid-back people and have a wonderful dog who is well behaved and very smart.
We live in West Plano off of Springcreek and Independence.
We are not charging a deposit. We have both needed help before and therefore we are hoping to help someone else with cheap rent and all utilities paid.

Females only, PLEASE!

Please call David at (972)639-2394.

2) Then, THREE DAYS LATER, I found this posting:

Looking for a nice woman in her 40's or 50's or early 60's to share our apt. We have an extra room we have converted into a bedroom. The room is furnished.
Now here's the deal. We are an open minded couple who would like to have fun with our roommate if you know what I mean. You would not be required to pay any rent but help with groceries and electric.
Females only and non drinkers only.
Please call David at (972) 639-2394

Um....(dry heave)....how do you think it went when someone responded to the first ad?

1 comment:

BEM1212 said...

I'll tell you how it went: Not well at all. He is not a friendly man. At first he just said "No thanks" real snotty like. But then he started yelling: "We said FEMALES ONLY!" over and over again. I finally hung up. He doesn't know what they're missing.