Sunday, February 7, 2010

Things I Have Already Learned Today

  • Naps are beneficial
  • Subconsciously, I am somewhat fluent in Spanish. In my dreams I speak it pretty well, with the occasional "Como se dice?" sprinkled in there.
  • You should not, I repeat, NOT go to the grocery store on Super Bowl Sunday. At least not a grocery store in any proximity to the home state of a certain team that counts among its fans a lot of people who wait til the last minute and argue over which package of ground beef looks good or who is going to be having the better party tonight. Who Dat!
  • You can buy your groceries in the Starbucks line. If you are a selfish shrew.
  • Sometimes it is better to park two buildings away than to attempt to navigate a parking lot of idiots, shopping carts, and old ladies.
  • The so-called "Battle between Cantonese and Mandarin" started in Hong Kong in the mid-1980s.

No comments: