Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sometimes jazz does indeed suck

Some of you like to make fun of me for listening to jazz. Sometimes I get defensive, and I say to you, "No, please listen to this. It is so good. You will like it." Sometimes I say, "Holy shit. You people are right. Jazz sucks."

To prove your point, I offer the list of what I (to date) consider the worst songs I have ever heard, or at least the worst songs I have ever heard on the XM radio station, Real Jazz (XM67).

In posting this list, I am also saying, "Please listen to these."

(Just like I begged you to eat that gross thing that one time. And listen to the whole thing! But do not listen to all three in one sitting.)
  1. Farmer's Market  by King Pleasure & Annie Ross Listen!
  2. You've Got to Have Freedom by Pharaoh Sanders Listen!
  3. Twisted by Lambert & Hendricks & Ross  Listen!
Haha. Please note: I've had these saved on my Shazam tags, one of them for weeks. I just noticed, just now, that Ross is a repeat offender. I hate her.

3 comments:

dennisj said...

Farmer's Market made me blue in the face laughing. Hilariously bad. But, I will be honest, on my second listen I thought it was kind of delightful. I thought #2 was good! Twisted was the worst. Just terrible.

Boxcar said...

At first I thought twisted was the worst too and then as it played on I kinda started to appreciate it. I NEVER want to hear it again, but I can appreciate it. Farmer's market no so much.

BEM1212 said...

I am so glad y'all listened to these and commented. I have been laughing periodically over the past couple days - in general because these songs make me laugh - but more so because I am imagining y'all laughing at them.

You will laugh more if you listen to either *Farmer's Market* or especially *Twisted* and picture Kristen Wiig as Dooneese singing it.

DJ you may not have gotten all the way to the end of the second song. It goes to a new level.