Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beauty Shop - the movie

After watching an E! true Hollywood story this morning i didn't change the channel , so i am watching the movie Beauty Shop...all I can say is Queen Latifah has a lot of friends...

  • Queen Latifah
  • Keisha Knight Pullam (yes - Rudy Huxtible (sp?)) -
  • Sherri - the annoying chick from the view - who Tracy Morgan did a hilarious imitation of last Saturday
  • Alicia Silverstone
  • Andi MacDowell
  • Wilmer Valderama
  • Alfre Woodard
  • Djimon Housnsou - (I had to look that one up on imdb)
  • Mena Suvari
  • Kevin Bacon

In summary, Queen Latifah works in fancy Atlanta Salon owned by Kevin Bacon (who is very funny actually). she gets mad and quits to open her own shop and can only afford to open one in the ghetto. and all sorts of quirky characters work in the new shop and takes small town hick shampoo girl Alicia Silverstone with her to the new shop. Her clients from the old salon (Mena Suvari and Andi MacDowell) start coming to new shop and Kevin Bacon gets mad and starts trying to take her down. I am not to the end yet, but I am assuming Queen Latifah's shop will become crazy famouns and we will learn a lesson about working hard and being nice to people and accepting people who are different.

5 comments:

BEM1212 said...

*tear

KNH said...

story update: Kevin Bacon hired some thugs to trash Queen's store. She has fallen in love with Blood Diamond guy wo is a handymand and electrician and convinces her that she can't give up on her dream...and all of the people in the salon get together and fix the place up as a surprise. Queen Latifah confronts Kevin Bacon with a secret video tape that proves he trashed the store...not sure how the rest ends i started watching basketball

so pretty much - i was totally right.

BEM1212 said...

I just really like how you have embraced the slogan of list anything ... "anything at all".

Did you happen to catch any Alfre Woodard? Was she fucking awesome?

Boxcar said...

When I got this on my blackberry I was soooo excited because I thought someone posted a movie for sale called Beauty Shop and I couldn't wait to read it. This was somehow even better :)

Julie said...

Oh my gosh I watched part of Beauty Shop on E one time, too, probably after The Soup. I had something else to do and couldn't make myself tivo the end, so I was hoping you'd be able to tell me for sure. You got a bit farther than I did, though. So good going!