Monday, March 16, 2009

Things I Have Done Since Moving Back Home

  • Not had a drink in 9 days
  • Watched every episode of 'The Mentalist' I could find online
  • Learned 7 new songs on keyboard to play with my brother's cover band "Spiked Punch"
  • Gone running twice
  • Signed my mom up for netflix
  • Watched Synecdoche, Ny, Transporter 3, The Haunting of Molly Hartley
  • Found out that I CANNOT transfer whatever pathetic credits I may have had from 15 years ago
  • Driven my mom to Home Depot 17 times so she can slowly build her mantle
  • Read "How to write Treatments that sell" and bought "Screenwriting for dummies" (the latter has yet to be read)
  • Applied for 5 jobs all of which have yet to contact me
  • Felt really really sorry for myself :(

5 comments:

Julie said...

At least you have a place to sit when you're driving your mom to Home Depot.

BEM1212 said...

I see a Movie for Sale coming from this list.

And if you can come up with anything regarding you and your mom at Home Depot that is even half as brilliant as Albert Brooks at the grocery store with his mother (or especially after) you are in goooooooood shape my friend.

"It's all here!"

Questionable Taste said...

On a sidenote, any thoughts on the aforementioned molly hartley? I'd sooner gouge my eyes out before a repeat viewing, but am I crazy for thinking haley bennett gave a solid lead turn? feel free to say yes.

Boxcar said...

You must watch A LOT of movies to have stumbled upon that one! The only reason I watched it is because my mom has no concept of "pop culture" and buys any movies that are affordable (she thought Reese Witherspoon was on American Idol tonight). And yes, she BOUGHT it. I did, however, make it through to the end but I definitely would have walked out if I saw it in the theater. Also, Haley Bennett was not bad -- that I agree.

Questionable Taste said...

Truth be told, I am easily impressed with trailers (blonde girls, people getting flayed, familiar music, ridiculous plot lines), so this one was a no brainer must see for me. Probably explains why I went to see the midnight opening of Prom Night (2008) and though Josh Hartnett deserved an Oscar nomination for his performance in O....man, I need serious help.