Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Order In Which I Hope People Get Booted off of American Idol

  1. Adam Lambert. STFU 4ever. I hate him a lot.
  2. The big fat oilfield services guy with the cheesy facial expressions and male jewelry. You are everything I hate about Marshall Texas.
  3. Danny Gokey. I could do a separate list to rank the order in which I hate his Name, Outfits, Hair, Glasses, Sob Story, Song Choices, Dancing, and Facial Expressions.
  4. The blind guy. He howls, and his hair is a mess.
  5. Anoop Dog. Reminds me of Baylor making its way through the Big 12 tournament last weekend.
  6. Allison the 16 year old. Everytime she sings I watch through my fingertips because I am worried her vocal cords are going to snap like cheap rubber bands and then her teeth will shoot out of her mouth.
  7. Alexis Grace. I liked her at first but then she got drrty and now she won't shut up about it and also she oversings absolutely everything.
  8. Megan Joy. I liked her at first but that shit gets old real quick. She is pretty to look at, though.
  9. Matt. Good looking and he has actual talent (i.e., plays piano). I am worried he is going to get a little big for his britches (they need to lay off the JT comparisons stat).
  10. Kris. Better looking (if you like monchichis) and has more appropriate talent (i.e., plays guitar). He won my heart with that cheesefest last night. ~fluttering eyelashes~
  11. Lil. I think she is fun and I like her and she can sing and she does it in a way that is not boring karaoke. Bonus points for living in a hotel room with her husband and 3 kids and for making them say their prayers before bed on TV (I am a sucker). I hope she wins.
a bold prediction: I think someone in my 4 to 8 range is going home tonight, unfortunately. Why is America so stupid?!

5 comments:

BEM1212 said...

I am shocked to learn that the cheesefest is a Bob Dylan song. Should I have known that? Probably. I am ashamed.

Oh, well. Bonus points for him. (The added bonus points of Bob Dylan Song are greater than the negative points for Cheesy Version of Bob Dylan Song as Performed by Garth Brooks so it is a net positive (barely) in this instance).

Julie said...

I was decidedly out this year. I didn't even know what a Lil Rounds was when you wrote about San Antonio. But then I had nothing better to do last Tuesday, and here I am, completely sucked in. Though I probably have a different perspective. I don't have a 1-11, but I will say that Danny Gokey is my least favorite thing ever, and has the Jasper guy been on pitch even one note in the last two weeks? He hurt my ears last week, and they apparently loved it. Kris is zzzzzzzz. I haven't decided for sure about Adam yet, but indulgent was exactly the right word.

BEM1212 said...

Please join facebook and in your status update write "Danny Gokey is my least favorite thing ever." I would get a kick of out of that. Did you like his GI Joe outfit last night???

Your facebook status will be go nicely with DJ's promised status update "absolute indulgent rubbish."

Kris was so good last night! I hate myself!

Poor, poor, pretty, loud, overdone, drrty Alexis Grace. It was nice knowing you. How long does it take to get pink out of your hair?

Julie said...

Oh, well if you'd get a kick out of it, then of COURSE I'll join Facebook. I didn't know you'd get a kick out of it.

Kris was good. I liked it when I was watching, but now I really can't remember anything about it. For your slow ballads of the evening, I actually liked Anoop much better. I am guessing you hate him and maybe I would too if I'd been watching.

And really, I'd like the opinion of someone with musical talent/an ear. Can Jasper sing? I think he's tricking people.

Julie said...

ahahahahhahaha!!
I just noticed "male jewelry."