Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Movies I Have Seen the Most Times in a Theater

in approximate order of release date accompanied by (should be actual) number of times seen (in the theater)

* Star Wars (IV) - at least 8
* The Golden Child - impossible to count
(this movie was a fixture at the Marshall Twin Cinema circa 1987 and I (and probably Julie too) watched it two times a night, two nights a weekend, for several months. Also at the Marshall Twin Cinema a few times: *Pee Wee's Big Adventure* and *Inner Space*)
* Backdraft - 4
* Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves -4
* Edward Scissorhands - 4
* Reality Bites - 3
* The Bodyguard - 4
* Shallow Grave - 3 (twice in one day)
* Hands on a Hard Body - 5
* Dazed and Confused - 3
* No Country for Old Men - 3

I reserve the right to add to this if I think of anything else.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Movies on this list that I saw with P. Jenkins:
Backddraft (1)
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1)
Edward Scissorhands (1)
Reality Bites (2, I think)
The Bodyguard (1)
Shallow Grave (oh, maybe not. you might have been at work, checking out Whoopi Goldberg at the time)(1)
Hands on a Hardbody (2?)
Dazed and Confuzed (1-2?)
and probably The Golden Child, but not sitting together because I was only a 7th grader and not NEARLY cool enough.

BEM1212 said...

You were definitely 2 on Shallow Grave because I sort of lied and counted the third time when we saw D&C at the 10-year anniversary of the film which was not technically in a theater unless you count "party at the moontower" as an outdoor (ampi)theater.

And yes, I think you and Jon saw Shallow Grave without me while I was working at the bookstore. Was that the day Whoopi came in???

Remember when we thought PFLAG was so funny on Reality Bites? Ha.

You probably have a point there on the junior high status situation.

I think I should make a list of minutes I have wasted on this blog today.

BEM1212 said...

EDIT!! Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, "You were definitely 2 on "DAZED AND CONFUSED" because...." continue....

Julie said...

Then I was 2-3 on Dazed and Confused. I might have seen it twice at the Dobie. That party at the moontower was so much fun!