Thursday, May 7, 2009

my thoughts on whole foods

things i like

  • salad in a box - mixed greens, blue cheese, walnuts and roasted tomatoes
  • chicken pot stickers and the awesome dipping sauce
  • not having to print stickers for your vegetables
  • it is not crowded
  • they have the good pita chips
  • the seafood

things i do not like

  • they do not have the good hummus
  • the bakery is terrible
  • it is small and has no selection
  • it has very few "regular" products
  • it is the most expensive place in houston

2 comments:

BEM1212 said...

my thoughts on whole foods:

* It is #16 on Forbes Best Companies to Work For.
* And it is headquartered in Austin.
* And I am still at work right now....

Julie said...

and mine.

Best things - roasted garlic and white cheddar bread, pesto, lemon bars.

Worst things - it is *always* crowded, it is expensive, and I leave smelling like Whole Foods.

It was to be part of my healthy living plan, once upon a time, though. I was never going to buy any snacks. Every day, I was going to walk to WF (15 minutes), buy some fruits and veggies for snacks and dinner side dishes, and walk back to work (15 minutes). I did it, like, twice. I blame it on the smell, not my laziness.