Monday, December 21, 2009

Things That Are Driving Me Crazy This Holiday Season

  • My mom not believing me that the mailman really doesn't give a shit whether he gets a ten dollar bill or ten ones. He'll take anything. And furthermore, it doesn't need to be a perfect, crisp bill. And further further more, he'd be happier with a twenty.
  • My step-dad not believing me that the reason his winter cap sticks out above his head is that he's supposed to pull it down over his ears TO KEEP THEM WARM. Instead he just looked at me, sincerely, and said "that's not how you wear them". You know, because of the rules. I guess we'll never understand why that "medium" sized hat is just too darn big.
  • My step-dad not understanding why I signed my mom up for a new email address with yahoo (one that uses her full name) instead of keeping her old one (16 years old) that uses SOME of her initials along with numbers at AOL.COM.
  • The "post-office" in Somers, CT that has ONE person working at all times.
  • My step-dad is starting his Christmas shopping today. Monday. December 21st. AND is taking my mom's car instead of his own truck because, let's be honest, somebody could scratch it.
  • I am running dangerously low on vodka.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Boxcar said...

and finally, after watching the entire 5th season of LOST with my mom, my step-dad sits down halfway through the season finale. His first question? "How did they travel through time?". His second question? "Why does Jack want to blow up the bomb?".