Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Re: Shows I've Seen in 2009 (c) Julie

My list (that I can remember):

  • Titus Andronicus
  • Los Campesinos!
  • Andy McWilliams
  • Lucinda Williams
  • Noise Revival Orchestra
  • Andrew Bird
  • Black Kids
  • Mates of State
  • four hipster Chicago bands (more info to follow, hopefully with a link)
  • a cover band from Oak Park
  • Jenny's step-dad's friend's cover band from Beaumont
  • centro-matic
  • Howling Hex
  • Bonnie Prince Billy
  • David Byrne

2009 has been a good year.

3 comments:

dlm said...

I really don't like to do real work:

Andy McWilliams
Son Volt
Doug Burr
Disco Expressions
Jenny Lewis (next week)
Balls Deep
Bishop Allen
San Saba County
Deer Tick
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
The Antlers
Slow Club
Blind Pilot
Fanfarlo
Yellow Fever
The Phenomenal Hand Clap Band
Radioclit/The Very Best
The Donkeys
Cut Off Your Hands
Women
Evangelicals
New Villager
Fanfarlo (three times)
Horse Feathers
Heartless Bastards
Andrew Bird
Justin Townes Earle
Old Crow Medicine Show
Black Kids
Mates of State
Howling Hex
Bonnie Prince Billy
David Byrne

BEM1212 said...

I edited my post for the openers. But how could I forget Disco Expressions?!?! I guess it was because I paid $10 and left after 2 minutes.

(for those of you who don't know Disco Expressions - it wasn't the band's fault)

Julie said...

Did I tell y'all about this conversation I had with my dad?
[in Marshall, watching public television]
Me: Oh. Old Crow Medicine Show. I really like them. Have you heard them?
Dad: Yeah. [loooong pause] I don't know. To me, they sound more like rap than bluegrass.
Me: Rap?!?
Dad: Well, not like gangsta rap.