Friday, July 24, 2009

Oscars and Biopics

Well, it's that time of year again. We're in the "dead zone" of Oscar movies -- too late for Spring screenplays and too early for Fall performances. Apparently, though, we're just in time for some possible Oscar-nominated biopics.

1) Meryl Streep as nobody's favorite chef: Julie & Julia
http://www.hulu.com/watch/71540/movie-trailers-julie-and-julia

2) Nobody's favorite, 2-time Oscar winner, Hilary Swank, as some famous pilot: Amelia
http://www.hulu.com/watch/80553/movie-trailers-amelia

3) Everyone's favorite (in most cases only) French actress as some designer: Coco Before Chanel
http://www.hulu.com/watch/82147/movie-trailers-coco-before-chanel

*This post was brought to you by Hulu movie trailers and me sitting on my couch for 3 hours and counting.

5 comments:

Boxcar said...

I apologize for having no idea how to make links to these trailers. Maybe P. Jenkins can fix it for me. Thank you.

BEM1212 said...

Let's just say that if the results of these movies is that Hilary Swank wins a third Oscar, leaving Meryl Streep behind in the two-time winner category.................I have to stop talking about this. I am going to go have a drink.

Boxcar said...

Don't be surprised if Meryl isn't nominated for that ridiculous movie. But you can count on Horse tooth for a nod.

Julie said...

I am so annoyed with Jon's non links and with the iphone's muxh hyped (better in theory than practice) copy and paste "improvements." Am I going to have to turn on my computer for this??

Boxcar said...

no. I realize this is a day late and a dollar short but I just posted trailers for 3 movies I can't imagine will be any good.