Friday, July 31, 2009

Cars I Have Owned

  1. 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass - kind of brownish. Christened The Traveling Honky Tonk by J***** T***** senior year. My parents bought it, but I paid them $60/month so that I would learn the value of a dollar.
  2. 1990 Ford Probe - (not neon) blue. This car appeared in my driveway the week before I went to college. It got $5,000 worth of hail damage, and shortly after it was fixed, I crashed into a car on Valley Mills Drive in Waco because I was too busy looking at Hot Spanish Guy (from the student union) driving in the lane next to me.
  3. 1999.5 Volkswagen Jetta - white. 10 years and 80,000 miles, and I just learned that the back seats fold ALL the way down, instead of just propped over. Missing one (1) side mirror and one (1) glove compartment handle.
I hope to keep it at 3 for the foreseeable future. No, not a jinx. Right??

4 comments:

Boxcar said...

80,000 miles in 10 years? I've never owned a car in my entire life but isn't that really good? You forgot to mention how good your air conditioner smells.

Julie said...

Yeah, I think it's good for TX. You are so right--the AC smells divine...
I've probably shortened my own life expectancy, but the car's still running.

BEM1212 said...

You forgot to mention (for those who don't know) that the Probe was also smashed into by Betty Jean Kincaid when she ran into while it was parked in front of my house, when she was trying to show her niece the spinning balloon Christmas tree in the front yard across the street. To say nothing of her Joe Berry Pyle (RIP), who married Betty Jean's sister.

I think I will post a list of accidents that happened in the street in front of 4412 Jeff Davis, Marshall TX.

Julie said...

I actually did forget Miss Betty Jean Kincaid (that's KIN-caid, in case you didn't know). Hard to believe I forgot, but true. I was trying to remember why the Probe had so many hoods in its lifetime, and the balloon tree definitely contributed. As did Hot Spanish Guy--both as distractions.