Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Reasons CSI is one of the worst things to ever happen to television

1) It has since spawned not one, not two, but now officially 3 spin-offs: Miami, New York, and L.A.
2) It made CBS the number 1 network for many many years (and still going).
3) People like my mom can watch that shit every night but then complain about the "brain scene" in Hannibal. I mean, come on. They cut open little kids and grandmothers on that show! Every single episode!
4) William Petersen left the show and Laurence Fishburne took his place. While I like the latter, it just bothers me for some reason that they had to get someone just as nerdy. And why can't Dennis Quaid be the lead on one of these stupid shows? CSI New Orleans! Yeah that's right, send me my check.
5) Red-head bad actor guy on CSI Miami never, not ever, never ever actually contributes to solving any of the crimes. All he does is stand over bodies, put on his sunglasses, and say terrible one-liners.
6) Which reminds me -- I'm no cop, but I'm pretty sure CSI doesn't solve every case by themselves. Oh, and while on the subject, I'm also pretty sure they don't look like ANY of those smokin' hot chicks. Grrrrrrrr.
7) Gary Sinise is the lead on CSI New York and he's awesome but the show sucks. Such a waste.
8) William Petersen, Gary Sinise, and even red-headed bad actor guy have all been around for a long time and each made a shitload of movies, but these crappy shows are what they will end up being famous for. To Live and Die in L.A? Anybody? Manhunter?
9) Finally, and I don't know this for a fact, but I would think that these shows would affect jurors when it comes to murder cases. I'm not sure how, but I just think however it affects them -- it's not good.

3 comments:

BEM1212 said...

Ah, Jade. The mid-90s were awesome.

I assume you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

#9 is so true.

Boxcar said...

No. I haven't seen that until now. My eyes are watering.

Julie said...

I was gonna say (before I clicked on the comments) that 9 sounded just like Blaine.