Thursday, July 16, 2009

Quick Judgements: 2009 Emmy Nominations

Hooray!
22 nods for 30 Rock! 22!! Clearly the best show on the 'tube
How I Met Your Mother sneaks into Best Comedy
(NPH has clear line to victory, see below)
Kristin Wiig!!!
Jemaine Clement, Flight of the Conchords
(Glad to see they've finally caught on)
Family Guy!!!!

Boo!
No Jeremy Piven
(Last season was Entourage's worst, yet it scores a best comedy nod and Ari Gold is left out in the cold? Makes no sense)
Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton shafted...again. And no FNL for best drama? Whatever...
Does anyone even watch House? Or L&O:SVU for that matter?
Elisabeth Moss over January Jones? F*ck no...did you people even watch MM last season?
Boo to me: Why have I not watched a single episode of Damages?
Charlie Sheen and Tony Shalhoub again? Really?
NO MATTHEW FOX????? Ok, just kidding...relax Mr. Morris

5 comments:

BEM1212 said...

BIG LOVE! How do they ignore those women though???

Flight of the Conchords!

Justin Timberlake!

And hey, if Matthew Fox is supposed to be playing an asshole, then he definitely should be nominated. I'm kinda surprised Kate didn't make it. I thought she did a good job this year, and I used to not like her either.

Boxcar said...

First of all, Ben should be nominated every year. Secondly, last season of Entourage was BY FAR my favorite! But I'm starting to discover that my tastes are running more and more mainstream as I get older. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Boxcar said...

And on a side note, I would like them to add "Best Season/Series Finale" as a category just so the Shield could win something. I doubt anyone here watches it but that was a fantastic finale.

KNH said...

i am sorry but is "best commercial" really a category?

BEM1212 said...

Did Diesel Driving Academy get nominated?!?!