Saturday, August 1, 2009

Why I Hate Canada

So, apparently now that I have finally decided to see Montreal for the first time, Canada recently decided to tighten security and make my life a living hell. You now need a passport to cross into Canada. And since I have never had a passport, here is a list of things I will need to do before next Tuesday:
  • fill out a DS-11 form and print it out
  • have ready my original birth certificate
  • have a valid driver's license
  • * however, if said license is out of state (like mine is) I need a second ID. They do not specify what may qualify as a second ID.
  • make a photocopy of said license
  • have ready 2 (not 1) passport photographs that must be (identical, in color, 2x2, taken within the last 6 months, full-face front view with white background, between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head, taken in NORMAL street attire)
  • get my hands on $106.00
  • make an appointment at the passport place which is 2 hours away
  • have proof of my vacation even though Jim is paying for everything
**** after attempting to get all of the above together I called to make an appointment since we're leaving on August 11th and the first available appointment is August 12th.

"but they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father"

1 comment:

KNH said...

try this...

http://www.rushmypassport.com/?gclid=CMj0iInKiJwCFcZM5Qod9kw-ZA

or google passport and all of the advertisements on the side have tons of services that can get you a passport ASAP.

Good luck and Have fun!