Saturday, January 9, 2010

Decade in Review : New Things

The last ten years were, arguably, the worst of my entire life. But while every rose has its thorn, every mistake has its lesson. Here are things I learned over the last 10 years:
  • How to drink whiskey. Thanks to Julie, I am now a full-fledged alcoholic. I used to just stick to beer and wine but now? Yum.
  • Nuts. Love em.
  • How to cook (more specifically, how to grill).
  • How to exercise (for real).
  • How to write a script (apparently, you do not just make it up as you go).
  • How to NOT be in a relationship (and like it).
  • How to appreciate family.
  • How to eat healthy food (and like it).
  • How to be a Barista.
  • How to smoke socially (not proud of that one).
  • How to NOT gamble (even though it is so so so fun).
  • How to throw a party (karaoke, karaoke, karaoke).

4 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah, *I* was totally a bad influence on *you*

BEM1212 said...

how to blog

KNH said...

i love this list

Jon said...

Julie, let's not split hairs. I am definitely a worse influence but you did, in fact, start me drinking whiskey.
Blaine, true dat.
Karen, I am going to steal you away from Austen some day when he least suspects it.
****I can't believe I forget to list HOW TO WATCH SPORTS. My new favorite thing to do is watch NFL and jot down notes for my script (because NFL is boring). But I learned to love baseball, soccer, and college basketball and football.