Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Family Names

In performing my new hobby of ~Amateur Genealogy~ I discovered a lot of interesting family names.

Names I would name my kid, aka names I will suggest to my brothers:
  • William Battle Mayfield*
  • John Battle Mayfield*
  • John Carleton Fowler*
  • Captain Moses Thomas Fowler*
  • John Wesley Henson*
  • Andrew McClure Cox*
  • Wesley McClure Cox
  • Hal Philip Morris
  • James Perry Ingram*
  • Nicholas Karnes* or Charles* or Michael*
  • Ophelia Angeline Merritt*
My great-great-grandmother's family had the best bunch of names:
  • Mary Alabama Davidson, and her siblings:
  • Virginia Oregon Davidson
  • Ohio Texana Davidson
  • Duke Davidson
  • Black Davidson
  • Felix Grundy Davidson
Other names of interest
  • Bertie Bell Roden*
  • Florence Lafayette Garrett* (a man)
  • Ima Roach
  • Auston Copeland
  • Minerva Louetta Sanderson
  • Junious Devereaux Smith
  • Protho Fox
  • Dorcas Blois Bellame
  • Jemimah Dooley
  • Fleming Trigg Cox
  • Roxanna Lucanna Crook*
  • Egridus DeLaGreves*
  • Priscilla Ramage Dillard*,**
  • Thomas Jefferson Dillard
  • George Washington Dillard
  • George Washington Cox*
  • George Washington Brooks Garrett
  • Jefferson Davis Haskell
  • Samuel Houston Mayfield
  • Andrew Jackson Mayfield
  • Homerleta Mayfield
  • Philip Robert "Dude" Henson
  • Mary Polly Goodbread*
  • Zelpha Henson
  • LaVaughan McWhorter
  • Maggie "Trixie" Priestley
  • and the famous Leonard Neatha "Bus" Cox
*Direct ancestor
**Look her up. She's a badass.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, I had already read this and was kind of including it in my -wow- reaction.