Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Netflix Tips

Since I pretty much live off of netflix, I thought I would share some insight for you to take or leave (or you may have possibly already discovered).
  • Go to www.joblo.com to get a nice, comprehensive list of new release dates.
  • Figure out how long Netflix takes for each movie (in my case, I mail it on a Monday, they get it and mail out new movie on Tuesday, I get it Wednesday = 2 days).
  • If a new release is coming out that you want to see, organize your queue in such a way that it starts with upcoming release dates (I have new releases lined up for the next month) and THEN have non-new releases. That way you're not constantly organizing your queue.
  • If you are on a 2 day cycle like I am, MAIL BACK YOUR MOVIES ON A SATURDAY! They can mail new releases on a Monday (before street date) as long as they know you won't get it until Tuesday. This is virtually fail-safe so far as getting those new releases. AND you get them on the day they come out (I got Moon and Hurt Locker this afternoon).*******
*******this is really all I wanted to say but didn't want "someone" to reply that it isn't a list.

2 comments:

BEM1212 said...

I dropped mine off on a Monday morning at 8am (granted I had them for 4 years, but still) and they were "received" at 5pm the same day!!!

Julie said...

haha
also, good advice.