Monday, February 4, 2008

Reasons I'm Glad I Watched the Miss America Pageant

4. Watching 8 beauty queens join former Marine, Miss Utah, as she dropped to the floor for push-ups when she was cut from the top 16 (yes, 16. don't ask)

3. Listening to the contestants introduce themselves in ways they thought were cute or clever. Like Miss Mississippi? Who said, in her deeply non-Southern newscaster voice, that she was from "M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-humpback-humpback-I."

2. Being the only person on our trivia team who knew that Miss Michigan won (that was one question out of 60 for me).

1. Watching Miss Texas dance "jazz en pointe"(!) to "Rich Man's Frug" from Sweet Charity (aka The Aloof). It made me cringe and laugh at the same time. I can't find it on YouTube, but here is more of her genius in action.

4 comments:

BEM1212 said...

What a spaz. Is she on crack? We need a copy of The Frug.

Julie said...

Here is the technology that I own that will make that semi-possible: record my television screen using the video function on my camera? Will attempt. However, my favorite part of the cotton eyed joe is the tap dance steps in toe shoes.

dennisj said...

I laughed at that video more than the entirety of Little Miss Sunshine

Devs said...

I am in love. I cannot wait until you manage to provide The Frug. I might even come up with a list of things to do while waiting.