Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How I know I’m old/lame

- I skip concerts due to the weather
- I can drink 10 beers and still be sober enough to chat with Mom
- I get pissed at my boyfriend for buying a new TV because I think he should put the money towards retirement (our time to accumulate funds is dwindling)
- Numerous people in my life have either quit drinking (for good) or are in AA
- I’ve made an actual list (not merely a mental list) of things I want to do before I die
- My ex-husband is causing problems
- I really want to be on a jury
- I’m actually contemplating having a baby
- I’m figuratively retired

2 comments:

BEM1212 said...

I do not see how drinking 10 beers and talking to mom sober makes you lame and/or old, I do not think. But the rest, whoa!

I meant to tell you I don't think it is lame at all that you missed those concerts. It's not like it was 40 or even 10. It was stay indoors at all costs cold.

Punky said...

You're right - I feel mildly justified on the concerts. For the one it was NEGATIVE 3, with a wind chill of NEGATIVE 24. Your nose hairs froze upon stepping outside.