Saturday, April 11, 2009

If I had a job, people I would work for and be happy...

1) Roger Sterling/ Don Draper - I couldn't decide which one I would want to work for MORE so I put them both at #1. I could be a full-fledged alcoholic, have sex with lots of hot secretaries, and still manage to keep a family at bay. Oh, and come up with ads? Where do I sign?

2) John Locke - The man knows what he wants. I would imagine that every day he would tell me some INSANE thing to do for him and I would want to question it, but every day I would realize that he knew what he was doing and the insane thing I did had a purpose. What a cool job.

3) Charlie Crews - For those of you who don't know, there is a show called "Life". And it is mediocre but addicting. The main character, however, is AWESOME. He also knows how to kill people with one punch. I would be okay working for someone like that. Oh, and solving crimes? Yes. And he would make me eat a lot more fruit.

4) Tess McGill - Sassy, sexy and a woman? Yes, one of the few women I would work for (not counting Ripley, but somehow I don't see her as a "businesswoman".) I think I would go far with Miss McGill. Yes, very far indeed. And now that I think about it, I would work for pretty much any woman because they are better than men.

5) Franklin M. Hart, Jr - It would be nice not to have to be so friggin' p.c.

8 comments:

Julie said...

1. sexist
2. robot
3. meanie
4. sexist
5. sexist

Boxcar said...

So...you agree?

Julie said...

I'm not describing your bosses.

Boxcar said...

Oh...you meant me. Dead on.

Julie said...

Correct.
Also, no contracts. Have you learned nothing?!?

BEM1212 said...

I have not had a chance to comment on this, but I am filled with a tremendous amount of joy reading Tess McGill and F.Hart in the same list.

Julie, not only sexist - but a sexist egotistical lying hypocritical bigot. (F.Hart, not Jon.)

I think two other people you should consider working for are Violet Newstead. She wasn't PC necessarily, she just wanted a litte dignity and a little respect. And then Oren Trask. That guy is so awesome. But if you work for Tess, you work ultimately for him, so you would be in good shape.

What about a Glengarry Glen Ross type office atmosphere?

Julie said...

Did you know that I just watched GGR for the first time last month? (Jon does because I sent him my (more than a little embarrassing) movies I've watched in 2009 list). Anyway, I think that would be among the worst places in the world to work.

BEM1212 said...

please post this list