Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reasons I Hate American Idol

1) My mom won't shut up about how Adam Lambert is going to be bigger than Elvis. Seriously, she has said this more than 5 times now. Bigger than Elvis.
2) My step dad tries to vote (by calling in) every night but has trouble getting through. I get to hear about it the next day. When I ask him why he doesn't just text he says because it costs money. So, after doing some math in my head I came up with the following equation. 2 hours of my step dad's time < $.50. Interesting.
3) My step dad stayed up watching it last night instead of working on his taxes so he spent all day today (April 15th) working on his taxes and at 4:00 pm asked me to go the post office and spend 40 minutes in line to get them mailed. Found out afterwards that they were just extensions. Apparently he's way too busy watching American Idol to work on the actual tax part.
4) I don't like Danny's glasses.

*** I haven't seen a single episode this season:(

6 comments:

Julie said...

Are you cutting out booze, food, AND television???

I missed a prime opportunity for using the new curse word (that Blaine and I developed while texting each other during Idol (ha) Tuesday night) when I randomly ran into him crossing Congress Avenue in my town yesterday afternoon. What I said was, "Hi." What I should have said was, "What the Gokey are you doing in Austin?"

BEM1212 said...

I thought the same thing right after I walked into the restaurant.

Jon, I goking love this list.

BEM1212 said...

also, Julie: "in my town"?

Julie said...

Yeah, I noticed that right after I typed but didn't change it. I don't know where it came from.

Julie said...

Jon, you're a goking genius at doing math in your head and making lists.

Boxcar said...

Aw man! I goking miss you guys!