Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reasons why I loved *LOST* last night

**SPOILER ALERT**
  1. Desmond!!! (there are not enough exclamation points in the world)
  2. No Jack!
  3. "He told me to wait for John Locke." (squeee!)
  4. Smokey Smackdown
  5. The Acting!
  6. Adios, Caesar. Who the fuck do you think you are? (this is perhaps my favorite moment of the entire series)
Honorable Mention: Hairpieces.

*****************************

Also of note on TV last night:
  1. Bye bye, birdsnest!
  2. Whew, Kris! You almost blew it.
  3. Fuck off, Gokey.
  4. Better off Ted is stoops.

4 comments:

Julie said...

At first I thought it was funny that you think those are spoilers, but I guess they are for people who watched past season 1 and know who Caesar is. And also, what a Smokey is.

I'm liking Better Off Ted but haven't watched this week. Haven't given up yet, anyway.

Julie said...

Also, I can't believe #5!

BEM1212 said...

Yes at the very least the Caesar bit was a spoiler because I would not have enjoyed this episode nearly as much had I known anything about that.

Better Off Ted -- I have only watched this one episode and I thought it was kind of miserable. Funny thing though - when I tell people about it, I laugh the whole time. And they do too. So now I am revising my opinion to *funny in concept, rough in exectution* -- and therefore it will earn a few more viewings. Let's start a discussion club!

I would also like to add that I am surprised you would deign to watch a show with such wordplay in the title.

As far as #5 goes -- I Know!! It's really just the one guy, but for once I really appreciated the acting. I do not want to get in an argument so I will leave it at that.

Sorry I ruined Season 4 for you.

Julie said...

Well, I can't remember for sure, but I think I watched it because it got a fair to good review from Tom Shales, who is pretty curmudgeonly. For some reason I read the Washington Post, not the New York Times.