Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Things at the NOLA Airport

I am currently sitting at a table across from four plastic dispensers. They are labeled as follows:

  • napkins
  • knives
  • multi-purpose spoons
  • forks
I am so intrigued by the multi-purposes of the spoons and why they are so superior to the other utensils that I can not concentrate on work. (The bold font is as it appears on the dispenser.)

I am currently sitting next to a youngish (and skinny) lady who just ordered a plate of food. She ordered the following:

  • Fried catfish
  • Fried shrimp
  • French fries
  • Hush puppies
It smells like a chicken-selling convenience store and is making me so sick at my stomach I can not on concentrate on work.

People at the NOLA airport I want to punch:

  • Old man sipping coke out of a styrofoam cup and standing in front of the otherwise empty check-in kiosk for over 15 minutes.
  • The little-orphan-Annie look-a-like with giant cardboard tube trying to get in front of me in line to stand with her "friends" who clearly hated her and left her on purpose because she yells things like "Hey, I found my intinerary" which was crumpled up in a ball at the bottom of her annoying backpack.
  • The person who priced 10-oz. plastic cups of Miller lite at $7.89.
  • The youngish (and skinny) lady who just ordered the incredibly smelly (and might I add, loud -- the grease is audible as it slips through her fingers, no joke) plate of fried food.


1 comment:

BEM1212 said...

I am now home from the airport (one long day, a dead car, a phone call to Saturn roadside assitance (turns out they are "still here"), and a jump from a very sweet, very stinky, very big guy (I am a jerk) later) and thought I would provide you with a picture of these renaissance spoons, so I uploaded this:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g25/bem1212/awesomespoons.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am serious.