Monday, August 31, 2009

recent awesome Missed Connections from Craigslist SF

1. 8/25: Dear Creepy Guy on Caltrain - m4m - 21 (san jose downtown)

Dear Creepy Guy on Caltrain,

When I sit down in a seat away from you, please do not move to sit next to me. When I set my arm on the armrest, please do not rub your arm against it. When I sit as far in my seat away from you, it does not mean I want you to scoot closer to me. When I get a text message, please don't try to read it. When I give you a look of disinterest, don't smile back at me. When I look out the window, I am not trying to make eye contact with you in the reflection. And when I'm waiting at the doors and the train jerks to a stop, please do not pretend to accidentally fall on me and grab my ass. Thank you for giving me an extremely uncomfortable hour and a half.

2. 8/29: Brenda's Soul Food - Inside - m4w - 23 (downtown / civic / van ness)

Dear tasty soul food inside Brenda's Soul Food on Polk. Every time I want to stop by and have my way with you you always have a line outside the door. It makes me sad. I know you're popular, and I know you see me outside, drooling over your hot delicious biscuits....let me know if you feel the same way.

3. 8/31: ...and you call yourself a Buddhist? - w4m (GG Park)

A true "Buddhist" would manifest a way or even a willingness to get where he needs to go in order to preserve his own integrity. A "Buddhist" would not be concerned about the cost of a cab ride when he's already made a very definate plan to meet someone. It's not like you were hiking the mountains of the Himylayas in your sandals or that you had to pass through the Gobi Desert to get from your house in Russian Hill to your date in Golden Gate Park.

"I just can't get there because the bus line has been cancelled due to the economy and a cab is 20 - 25 bucks". Well, there's really no recovering from such a lame excuse; makes you look pretty weak. Now, you will forever be defined, in my mind, by the night on which you stood me up.

"I'm very sorry. I owe you $10 and a night out." Oh, you think so? That's very funny, because, that WAS the night out and you won't be getting another opportunity. Besides, you already paid me with insight. That's far more valuable to me than your time.

Now, stop calling yourself a Buddhist, you twit.

1 comment:

BEM1212 said...

Awesome. People are way smarter in SFO than they are in Houston.